Technology & Startup Insurance
Experts who have been in your shoes
Has your insurance provider been through an accelerator program? Have they pitched to investors in San Francisco? Do they understand SR&ED or IRAP?
BUILD YOUR BUSINESS KNOWING YOU’RE COVERED
Our team has done these very things and understands what it is like to be in your shoes. Insurance is complex and you’ve got many hats to wear, especially in the growth phase. Our goal is to take this stress away so that you’re confident you’re covered and can put your energy into growing the business. Partnering with an expert who understands technology and the Startup space allows you to do just that.
The best insurance is insurance that can grow and evolve with you. Startups pivot and need to know that their insurance will keep up. Our experts build plans and review them with you to ensure that your business can keep operating as needed and there are no interruptions to business or gaps in your plan.
Leverage our experience and expertise to grow your team, revenue, and brand.
“Planning for growth and scalability is important in the tech sector. The same goes for tech insurance, you need an advisor you can partner with to plan for growth and avoid risk along the way.”
-John Wintermeyer, Account Executive
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends on your operations. Typically, General Liability and Errors & Omissions/Professional Liability insurance will be the first coverages that come up. Understanding what your challenges will be over the next 12-24 months will be and planning for them is the best way to insure you have the right coverage at the right time.
- General Liability: Covers bodily injury and property damage that may occur on your business premises, as well as any legal fees or judgments which may arise from lawsuits.
- Professional Liability/Errors and Omissions (E&O): Covers your business against claims of negligence, errors, and omissions in the professional services that you provide.
- Property Insurance: Covers your business property, including buildings, equipment, and inventory.
- Cyber & Breach: Covers you against losses resulting from cyber attacks, data breaches, and other cyber threats.
- Directors & Officers: Covers directors and officers of your company against legal action against them. Without it, board members can be personally liable.
- Financial Protection: Cyber insurance provides financial protection for costs associated with responding to a cyber incident or breach such as notifying clients, credit monitoring, business interruption, loss of income, and legal defense.
- Compliance: Comply with industry regulations and laws to protect your client’s sensitive data and notify them immediately in the event of a breach.
- Reputation Management: Cyber incidents can be very damaging to your reputation and trust. They can cause you to lose clients and even investors. Cyber insurance helps you manage these risks by covering costs of public relations and crisis management.
- Third-Party Damages: Companies may be held liable for damages resulting from cyber incidents, including claims by customers, vendors or investors. Cyber insurance with legal defence clauses helps address legal defense costs and settlements or judgments.
- Hire the best employees. Offering a competitive and flexible benefits package helps you stand out in a crowd against your competitors hiring for the same role.
- By quantifying the dollar value of this package, you can help potential employees see the additional perks and set you apart even when constrained by budget.
- Benefits packages help your employees understand you care about their health and wellness and allow employees to be proactive in managing their health.
- Healthy employees are happy and productive employees
- Offering a competitive and flexible benefits contributes to a strong culture and a positive reputation
Your quote. Your way.
At Selectpath Insurance, your London & St. Thomas insurance broker, we take the time to get to know you – so that we are fully confident that we are bringing you the very best insurance coverage for you, your family and your business.
CORPORATE OFFICE – LONDON
310-700 Richmond Street
London, ON N6A 5C7
Tel: (519) 675-1177
Toll-Free: (888) 327-5777
200-429 Exmouth Street
Sarnia, ON N7T 5P1
Tel: (519) 337-0807
Toll-Free: (877) 822-1522